Before you start to size - you need the dancer, pen, paper, the how to size instructions, the correct size chart and a tape measure! Everybody knows that right?
Well umm... no! Here are the top 10 Sizing Mistakes from the "Now I've heard It all" list! 😂
The Top 10
- Last year’s size + plus 1 size = disaster!
- Are you looking at the correct size chart – or was it just one that you downloaded from the internet at some point? Psss.
- Umm…A Ruler is not going to give an even close to accurate result!
- “Looks like an Adult Small.Just to be safe I'll go up a size!"
- The waist is not where her pants finish!! These days that could be the bust or hips measurement. Her bottom is also not the hips!
- If she’s tall and skinny – don’t use her girth measurement. Especially if you are buying a 2 piece set. Remember Curtain Call use mostly four way stretch fabric!
- If you add a couple cm’s (or inches) when you measure, then look at the size chart, see she's on the edge of the size and go up! Oh O!
- I think I wrote down a ‘6’ but it could be an ‘8’… Let’s just say chalk and cheese!
- At Target she’s a size 8, so I would say she’d be a… Nope, won’t work either.
- Measuring your self... It's a no-no as never works!
Getting it Right
Sizing is easy - grab a tape measure, a pen, a piece of paper and the student! Ensure the student is wearing just a leotard or other thin clothing.
Measure bust, waist and hips as per the guide to sizing picture. Measure the girth, you know – that’s the measurement from a shoulder, down through their legs and back up to the starting point! If you got side tracked whilst doing this (ha ha ) start again!
There are three options for sizing depending on how organised you are!
- Measure as per the guidelines above
- Order a Sizing Set
- Order the style in a couple key sizes and let the dancers try them on.
Now check out the size chart! If you have any problems call for advice…
Curtain Call Costumes Australia